Apple Raisin Scones
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold margarine (in sticks; not vegetable oil spread) or butter
- 1 cup Quaker® Oat Bran Cereal
- 2/3 cup (3 oz) finely chopped dried apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non‑stick cooking spray, or oil lightly.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oat bran, apples and raisins.
- Combine water and egg whites; add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Shape dough to form a ball. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead gently 6 times.
- Pat into 9‑inch circle on prepared cookie sheet. Score dough into eight wedges; do not separate. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Break apart; serve warm with jelly, jam or fruit preserves.