ABC Meatball Soup
How to make it
- Heat broiler. Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly. Transfer to a sheet of foil. Pat mixture into 9 x 6‑inch rectangle.
- Cut into 1‑1/2‑inch squares; roll each square into a ball. Arrange meatballs on broiler pan.
- Broil meatballs 6 to 8 inches from heat about 6 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- While meatballs cook, bring chicken broth to a boil in 4‑quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium‑high heat. Add pasta and frozen vegetables; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Add meatballs and cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Garlic powder, onion powder or dried thyme leaves may be added to the meatball ingredients. Frozen corn, frozen green beans, frozen peas and carrots, or your favourite vegetable blend may be substituted for the mixed vegetables.