- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; mix well. Add oats, corn flakes, coconut and nuts; mix well.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered